This webinar will:
- Discuss the opportunities and challenges OA publishing provides within HSS
- Consider recent OA mandates with particular respect to HSS
- Discuss some of the differences between science and humanities with regard to OA publishing
- Address issues of OA monograph publication
- Consider some of the research and teaching tools facilitated by OA publications
- Discuss various OA funding models, particularly within HSS
- Discuss opportunities and challenges for scholarly societies and HE bodies developing OA initiatives
- Look at usage statistics and discuss OA publishing experiences at Open Book Publishers
Date: Wednesday / February 19 2014
Time: 9:00 AM (ET)
Duration: 45 minutes including Q&A ...
Speaker: Dr. Rupert Gatti
Fellow in Economics, Trinity College, Cambridge / Co-Founder and Director of Open Book Publishers
This webinar will increase your understanding of the opportunities provided to HSS scholars by Open Access publication and the approaches scholars, academic societies or HE bodies may take to adopt and develop Open Access publishing initiatives.
Subject level and previous knowledge required:
No specific previous knowledge of Open Access issues is required, however familiarity with the HSS research environment will be assumed.
Register At: https://uksg.webex.com/mw0401l/mywebex/default.do?siteurl=uksg
Unable to attend? Register anyway and we will send you a link to a recording of the webinar after the event.
Source and Registration Link Available At: